Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Not to my liking


Some weeks ago I already told you that I wanted to do a helleristninger-project. First I made the two ladies and the sun, it looked just fine but I didn't really like the experience of embroidery on paper, wanted something more tactile. After I washed the folded quilt outside I got the idea of cutting out the helleristninger and embroider them on another piece of denim to get a diverse palet of blue. You can see how far I got before I discarded this idea too. Why? It has simply too much red.

So now I started another project again and now I have to keep working and see if this one be the way to travel. Keep your fingers crossed and if you have an idea that can help me forward, please let me know. Thanks.

Elizabeth

3 comments:

Maggi said...

I like the idea of using the denim. Would it work for you if you used a running stitch rather than a blanket stitch? It wouldn't look as red.

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

I liked the idea of you using denim as well - what if you took a black thread instead of red if you want to use the button stitch?

When you first mentioned denim in connection with the rock carvings, I actually saw white chainstitch for the contours on blue denim for my inner eye ... maybe this could be another alternative for you, especially when the pattern is more complicated.

karen said...

nothing is ever wasted...we learn from all we do....