Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Have I told you .... III

Have I told you .... by Landanna


Eleven days have come and gone since my last update on this project and therefore I made you a collage of pictures which are taken late at night. In the picture below you can see the result so far, unfortunately the picture isn't much better since another grey day is served at my little peninsula.

Have I told you .... by Landanna

Some additional notes to my last post. It is easier to be unkind or mean to someone than kind and loving because with a locked heart you have nothing at stake. Being kind and loving can only be done with an open heart but will put you at risk of rejection. Still a circle of abuse can only be broken by love and forgiveness and so I can't stop trying.

The next step in this project will be the decision on another symbol and/or text. Your imput is welcome my dear friends, can you give me some directions while I'm here on this crossing?

Elizabeth 

6 comments:

julochka said...

wow, that is a LOT of french knots! i'll have to come down for a visit and see the texture of that in person!

i don't really know what you should do next, but you often take comfort and refuge in the healing properties of the beach, so perhaps something beach-inspired?

xox,
/j

karen said...

you know I am going to say........text. I love your embroidered words. I have to say that your embroidery is outstanding.....

lheurebleue said...

dit project maakt mij echt nieuwsgierig: naar foto's die nog beter de textuur van je prachtige borduurwerk laten zien en naar hoe het werk inhoudelijk verder zal gaan. misschien is je al wel iets ingevallen tijdens een wandeling langs de zee ...

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Ah, your work is really amazing, dear Elizabeth! So neat, so exact, so patiently done - and with lots and lots of thoughts and feelings behind it!

Maybe some embroidered words - a poem, perhaps? - would contrast well with the density of the symbol?

You could do sketches on paper and move around the embroidery to find out what suits you best.

Maggi said...

Lovely work so far. As you have been considering the way in which we communicate then text seems the logical way to go. We really do need to try harder to express our appreciative feelings rather than those which only encourage negativity and pain.

Zuzana said...

Beautiful embroidery dear Elizabeth.;)
Stopping by to thank you for your lovely card and to wish you wonderful Holidays.;)
xoxo