Friday, April 5, 2013

Another week almost gone

Again a week is almost gone. A week with the most beautiful skies and sunshine, yes it seems that spring has finally taking root here on my little peninsula. A week also with no routine what so ever since teachers are on strike and therefore the kids are at home. Still I managed to start a little creative project and I read a bit more in Anam Cara, a book of Celtic wisdom from John O'Donohue.


Connection by Landanna

In 2011 I told you the meaning behind this symbol for me and the inspiration for it, original post. When I read the sentence in Anam Cara immediately came this textile painting to mind and so a picture with quote was made.

Embroidery on paper by Landanna

The project I started is another embroidery piece on paper. The aquarel paper first bathed in dark tea and left to dry again. The letter N of the Lindisfarne alphabet drawn on it, holes are made and after that it was time to hold my needle again. Hope this piece will be a part of a gift I have in mind for a friend who turns 50 in a few weeks.

Now it is time to get a move on again, so many things are on my to do-list, don't worry I'm enjoying myself big time.

Have a fabulous spring weekend with lots of sunshine.

Elizabeth




4 comments:

Tangled Stitch said...

Hi Elizabeth, lovely piece and I just love Anam Cara what a beautiful book. Have a great weekend.

Christian Patton said...

Beautiful work Elizabeth !!

Maggi said...

Really lovely. An inspirational book

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Ah, this ornament stitched on aquarel paper really looks interesting!

Would be nice to combine with aquarel painting as well, wouldn't it?