Monday, September 8, 2014

Fleamarket finds



 Last weekend was a busy one besides visiting Mandø, a small isle on the vest coast of Denmark, we also visited 5 fleamarkets. Yes, I can safely say that I'm fleamarket crazy. Most things in the picture speak for themselves except the white little ones. These are made from plastic and they are used to make my cloth buttons which you can see at the top on the right. Normally I use old buttons but I couldn't find enough small buttons of the same size. Luckily I found these which are even better since they are not that thick and therefore the end result is better, I think.


Bought the necklace because I loved the different shapes of the wooden beads so much. And ofcourse I had to add another addition to my handcarved-wooden-spoons ccollection. Have no idea if I ever gonna use the little piece of bling with a keyhole but I thought it was funny and since Karen is talking a lot about bling I took it home.


This tile had to come and live at out place. Don't think, I need to explain, do I? 

 
And I also bought jewellery and that's a bit strange since I hardly ever wear some. Still I really liked these and I thought I might use it in some embroidery piece. How and when ... no idea. We'll see.

My dear Mrs. Crocodile, these were my finds. I hope you enjoyed yourself and if you want to see some pictures of Mandø too, just let me know. :-)

Hope everyone had a great start of the week. Enjoy yourself.

Elizabeth



3 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Some girls sure are lucky! So many great finds in one day!

The wooden necklace, the Viking tile - but most of all of course the metal necklace! I guess these are things you can only find in Viking land ...

And yes, of course I would very much like to see the pics from Mandö too :-)!

Maggi said...

What a wonderful collection.

Pursuing Art... said...

Oh wow, such great finds, E!!! Looks like you had great fun and a ton of luck.

That's great that you are improvising and using the plastic pieces for your buttons...they look fantastic. The wooden beads are awesome and it's great you found another hand carved spoon for your collection. I really like the mother of pearl keyhole embellishment too...very cool old piece of bling! :) The tile...no need to explain...it needed to come home with you. But the big score of the day has to be the metal jewelry..."just awesome"!!! Just love the necklace (has that viking look :) and the rings. I know you don't wear jewelry often, but that necklace would look fantastic on you...but I could also see it in being used in an embroidery piece too. You scored big time! :)