Tuesday I showed you the pinpricked version and at the moment only two more generations to embroidery. The progress is made faster than I thought it would be but I'm really happy the way it looks at the moment. Let's hope I won't make a big crease in the end.
Without a doubt I already told you that a few pages from my Focus ledger need to be made again since I don't want my ledger to be in the exhibition, it is simply too fragile. I have taken this decision to challenge myself to make A3-pages. In the picture above you can see the page I'm working on at the moment.
This afternoon I made a sjabloon, made a drawing of the 7-generation symbol and pinpricked it on an A3 page. This will be embroidered with blue and white in the same manner as you can see in the picture below.
After the small serie of Spreading seeds of hope I decided it was time to make a start with my spoons since I need a fair number of them. Sofar I pinpricked 14 spoons, they still need to be embroidered and formed but that's ok. As you know making something from scratch is a slow process.
All the circles for the stepping stones were the center of paper plates. I was left with a stack of borders and felt it would be a waste to throw them out. Therefore I created this paper plate frame for a new symbol embroidered on a plate, ofcourse.
There are just as many seeds of hope "flying" around as there are pinpricked holes. This one is embroidered in chainstitch and I'm already working on the next one. Same symbol but in a different stitch, I hope to do five of these and each in a different stitch as a small mini-serie.
You already saw part of this one. The last two layers were embroidered on with more bullion and french knots but just in a different way.
And this is the last one. There are two lines of chainstitch each moving into their own direction, two lines of stab stitch. Two lines of running stitch, one continously and one broken to finish this one. Alle the stepping stones have a buttonhole stitch to start with.
Earlier this week I showed you the book of Havnbjerg made of a picture that I took a long time ago. This time again an old favorite picture is used but in a different way. I cut out the letters from some card, printed the picture and folded it around the letters. Although I know, I'm easy to please at times but I really like the effect. What do you think?
My collection is growing, more stepping stones are ready.
This one is almost done but I couldn't resist taking a picture just because the bullion knots are looking like little portholes. This bullionknot is made with 50 wraps.
And in this collage you can see their different personalities. Two more layers need to be done on the one left to finish and there is only one more to make. The groundwork, the pinpricking, for this is one is already done, so if I may say so: I'm well on my way.
Have a fabulous weekend and remember: Keep stitching!
The last few evenings I watched the second series of The Chef's Table on Netflix and I am absolutely without any doubt inspired. To get a peek into the creative process of these Chef's is so interesting. For me cooking is just another creative vehicle and so therefore I can listen to their ideas and ponder about it how it can be applied into my stitchprojects. The translating to other creative endeavours is what fires me up totally which at times feels like an explosion, therefore the burst of pink picture. In case you don't have Netflix, you can watch it also on youtube. Here is the first video of the serie:
Svenstrup is landsby of the year and got the prize because they are a tight community. With that in the back of my mind I wrote on a sheet of paper Svenstrup, pleated it and wove it on to the paper. On the right corner you see the symbol of connection which I often use to bring it all together.
In class there is a lot of talk about books in all kinds of forms and sizes. I decided to use one of my photographs.
In Havnbjerg is a big mill standing on a hill and therefore a focus point of the village. I pinpricked 9 sets of 2 circles of the same size and glued them together. They were folded and put together with the largest in the middle. That gave me the opportunity to write one letter of Havnbjerg on each page. The letters are only partially visible, when the book is closed, just as the mill but still very recognizable.
It is always fun to realize that some ideas take a lot longer to make than the initial thought. It's been a week since I showed my stack of pinpricked plates. Due to all kinds of family stuff I finally can tell you that I finished one stack of embroidered plates and started with the second one.
What I like most about this one is the twisted bullion knots, to me they are so cute.
This one is also already on its way. So there is progression although slow which is fine by me despite the fact that I am not able to give you lots of new things to see. Really glad I have lots of time to prepare for the exhibition.
Have a wonderful wednesday filled with your passion.