Friday, July 7, 2017

Bullion knot journey


Last wednesday my blogpost was about bullion knots and a new project I started with these little knots. In this project called Ægishjálmur I combined the variation you see above together with two other ways of using this stitch. The funny thing is I can still remember how excited I was when I first made this one on a plate, a true eureka moment for me. 


As you probably know I really, really like helleristninger. The photograph above is taken in 2012 on Aspeberget in Bohuslän, Sweden and I used it to make a background design for the Ægishjálmur.


And this is my new piece of paperwork and I absolutely love it. I wished that the paper had been a bit bigger so I could make the legs a bit longer but that's the only thing I would change. Within a week I layed 328 bullion knots made with 50 wraps, as I wrote to a friend, I must be mad but I loved every minute of it. 

The whole process of making is photographed and that material has become a little video so you can see how the piece evolved.



I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I did stitching this project. Time to sign off for a few weeks and enjoy time with my family and hopefully a lot of sunshine.

Have a grand summer.

Elizabeth



1 comment:

karen said...

you have created the perfect background for your beautiful stitching Elizabeth. 50 wraps, over 300 knots? Not crazy at all.....patient, devoted, in love with stitch.